Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cleaning out my closet

I know it's a little late for Spring cleaning, and although I was dreading it I tackled my
french armoir with a vengeance


I purchased stack able units from best craft organizer, they have super thin drawers that allow inserts to hold and sort the small stuff like findings and buttons


I also needed slots for fabric and such so I put up a rod and hung canvas shoe organizers- perfect for all my fabrics and felts;)
even the funky place mats I bought from pier one(to cover art journals) have a spot



Yarn and foam for future cupcake classes- wow do I have a lot of supplies or what?


I hope as I get deeper into this I find a space for my Dolly parts
I had ordered deeper drawers so they should fit

Up until now I have been storing all my vintage gen finds in this fun hat box-
cute but

not necessarily the best way to do it





I even felt encouraged to re organize my existing system that I use for scrap booking etc...

By adding the drawer inserts my collections of keys and found metal looks so much more inspired
As do my brads, after sorting through everything I think I deserve
some much deserved play time;)






11 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

I really need to clean up some closets too!! Your looks great!!

Tamerie Shriver said...

Wow! You are so organized! Perhaps you could come over to my house and tackle my stuff, which, by the way, isn't even in a closet. And my armoire is full of fabric and pillow forms. Eek!

paperbird said...

Doesn't it feel great to organize? I love that feeling and I seem to be happier when my life is not a clutter.
I saw some lovely treasures!

KayEllen said...

Can I have that beautiful closet? I will clean it out for ya! lol

Miss you, hope all is well:)))

Hugs,
K

Melanie said...

Wow you were a busy bee!! ;))

jackieb said...

Love the post tee hee

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

looks great!

Gloria said...

I have the hardest time spring cleaning so my respects because it not easy....It looks amazing ...LOL G

Carrie said...

Go, Jane! Feels so great to know where everything is...beautiful, tactile, lovey art supplies...sigh...happiness :)

m i c h e l l e said...

Wheee! I *heart* organizing so this post made me swoon! Thanks for sharing and for giving us a peek into those treasure-filled drawers! :-)

julie Haymaker thompson said...

Oh Sweets you have been Busy!!! It now is just a feast for the eyes!!! Did it inspire you to go through it all and find and rediscover things you forgot you had. Oh and I have not forgotten sending you kits I my order for stuff got lost and now some of the filagree is on back order But it will come to you "out of the blue" when you least expect ( that is when my order comes in) ... it fun kits to make. hugs julie